Tuesday, February 22, 2011
Jackson's party...we had 16 boys and 3 girls over for this grand advendure. We played minute to win it games and did a little bowling. Lets just say we were a little CRAZY when it all ended! Oh but we had fun. This last picture was Aunt Naomi making her famous pizza's for the two birthdayd boys. IT WAS THE BEST PIZZA I'VE EVER HAD! We love Aunt Naomi, she spoils us with her good food and love.
Friday, February 18, 2011
My cute baby boy turned 8 years old today. Jackson B Stout. My.. oh.. my... I can't believe it's been 8 years. My baby is 8, it's hard to believe. I have to write down some of the things that he is into right now.
1. He wants his hair to be combed forward like Justin Beiber. :)
2. He likes anything that has to do with Super Hero's. Actually he is inf actuated with Super Hero's. He has a collection of Transformers, Spider Man, Iron Man, Hulk, Tron and Lego's.
3. When he grows up he wants to be an artist and draw Super Hero's.
4. He started scouts this week and his scout master called me and said it was so fun to see him in scouts. He walked in the door and said, "I'm the new guy". Then a little later they were looking in the scout book and they turned to a page that had a brown boy on it and he said, "finally a book with a brown boy." His scout leader was cracking up.
5. He loves to cuddle and lean on me.
6. He does NOT like it when people tease him.
7. He has a HUGE imagination and plays with his little toys all day long, he carries them around with him where ever he goes.
8. He loves to sing. I catch him singing all the time. He has a great voice. I would really like him to start a singing class.
9. His favorite food is pizza and vanilla ice-cream. Aunt Naomi made him his very own cheese pizza for his birthday. He still Hates chocolate!
10. He is so fun to be around when he is happy. When Jackson is happy everyone is happy. It's not so fun when Jackson is mad.
I love you son, and I'm grateful that I get to be your mom. You make Dad and I very happy.
Monday, February 14, 2011
Our annual Valentines Day Dinner. We have a tradition in our family to have a fun, fancy, yummy Valentines Day Dinner ever year. It all started when Corry and I were married 5 years ago, we felt bad leaving the kids One More Time. So I decided to make a fun dinner for them and surprise them. The first two years I would go to Corry's mom's house (Linda) and decorate a room upstairs all fancy with a fancy table and all. We would blindfold the kids and Corry would take them for a little ride. At the end of the ride he would lead them up the stairs and they would see the table and all the decorations and food. It was so fun. We would sit together and enjoy the meal. One year we had everything red. The year after that we had everything in hearts, and it was breakfast food, so it was a little bit easier to make toast, sausage, pancakes, waffles, etc. etc. all heart shaped. The last couple of years we have been having it here in our home since it's easier to clean and more room. This year we had Tony Roma's Ribs (thanks to Linda) and heart shaped pizza's thanks to my sister Amy. I decorated the room and table and it was a lot of fun. I made one of my favorite desserts Truffle, with cake of the bottom, strawberries, and then my favorite whip cream on top. I LOVE Whip cream. I love my cute family, I love my kids and I'm so grateful that the Lord has blessed me with such an amazing life. I'm so grateful for my family and my friends and I'm SO GRATEFUL for all they do for me. I do have the BEST family ever. MY HEART IS FULL THIS VALENTINES DAY! MY EYES SEEM TO BE FULL ALSO. :)
Tuesday, February 8, 2011
Skyler is the cook in the family and is always asking to make something. Today he really wanted to make his famous fortune cookies but he couldn't find his famous recipe so he decided on the one and only world famous "Becky's aka. Grandma's soft sugar cookies". They were a success and he decided to take some of them to scouts with him. Way to go Skyler! He is going to put a smile on lots of people's faces with his good food. Love ya Skyler!