Family.....it's about TIME

Family.....it's about TIME

Monday, February 14, 2011

**Valentine Dinner**











Our annual Valentines Day Dinner. We have a tradition in our family to have a fun, fancy, yummy Valentines Day Dinner ever year. It all started when Corry and I were married 5 years ago, we felt bad leaving the kids One More Time. So I decided to make a fun dinner for them and surprise them. The first two years I would go to Corry's mom's house (Linda) and decorate a room upstairs all fancy with a fancy table and all. We would blindfold the kids and Corry would take them for a little ride. At the end of the ride he would lead them up the stairs and they would see the table and all the decorations and food. It was so fun. We would sit together and enjoy the meal. One year we had everything red. The year after that we had everything in hearts, and it was breakfast food, so it was a little bit easier to make toast, sausage, pancakes, waffles, etc. etc. all heart shaped. The last couple of years we have been having it here in our home since it's easier to clean and more room. This year we had Tony Roma's Ribs (thanks to Linda) and heart shaped pizza's thanks to my sister Amy. I decorated the room and table and it was a lot of fun. I made one of my favorite desserts Truffle, with cake of the bottom, strawberries, and then my favorite whip cream on top. I LOVE Whip cream. I love my cute family, I love my kids and I'm so grateful that the Lord has blessed me with such an amazing life. I'm so grateful for my family and my friends and I'm SO GRATEFUL for all they do for me. I do have the BEST family ever. MY HEART IS FULL THIS VALENTINES DAY! MY EYES SEEM TO BE FULL ALSO. :)

3 comments:

-Kyle and Emily- said...

look at you martha stewart. cute decorations! when gus gets older I might have to copy your tradition. Your trifle looks delish!!! happy valentines day:)

Robin Sant said...

You are awesome Ashlee. It turned out great. I loved all of the decorations, my fav were the center pieces with the licorice coming out of the vases. Thank you for the yummy valentine cookies. I am so glad you are my neighbor and I am so lucky to have you as my friend. {hug}

Ty * April said...

We do the same thing. We have done home made pizza with the kids one year. But their favorite is the ribs. We have done them two years now. We decorate the table and do Valentines with them. They love it and it is fun to see them look forward to it.