Family.....it's about TIME

Family.....it's about TIME

Friday, April 1, 2011

SpRiNg hAs SpRunG


Oh the joys of Spring. You always know when it's spring because Dylan is outside digging a hole with his brothers and friends. That's what he does, dig a hole fill it up, dig a hole fill it up. He will someday work with dirt and dig. This is a special occasion because dad helped the boys build an underground hut...WOW it looks great. Even has a roof.

This is my favorite time of year. Everything starts to bloom and its beautiful, but most of all ITS TIME TO START THE GARDEN! There is nothing better than to till the earth and have the rich brown soil in your hands.

Last but not least. We transplanted some hedges that were at my mom's since I was a probably 10 or so. I can remember planting them. So they are only 30 years young almost. I couldn't let them die a painful death by fire. My mom didn't have me around to trim them anymore so she dug them out after 10 years of coaxing from her husband Mike. They were out of the ground for 24 hours so hopefully they can survive the shock. Thanks to Ray Ballard at Ballard's Nursery he gave me the tip to but some Vitamin B-1 on them and lots of water. I hope the survive, it was a lot of work but nothing is better than an instant hedge in your yard. Once again for me to trim!!!



No comments: