Family.....it's about TIME

Family.....it's about TIME

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Grafton (the Ghost Town)

For Family Home Evening we decided to take a trip up to Zion to enjoy the beauty that surrounds us and go on a little hike. We we driving threw Rockville and I saw the sign "Grafton". Corry was asleep in the car so I decided to change plans. I made a U- Turn and we were off to Grafton. I hadn't been there for 5 or 6 years and decided it was time for the kids to enjoy this cute little Ghost Town. The kids were freaking out because of the old building and open doors (Well I should say Nicholas was) he has been watching to many scary movies. But it was so fun to see the little house and cute church and school house. After we explored the town we went to the cemetery and Nicholas really didn't like that. He thought that the humps on the graves meant that the bodies were close to the surface. We laughed and told him it was just for looks and to keep people from walking on the graves. What a cute little town Grafton was, to bad the floods and indians came and destroyed them.



1 comment:

Teachinfourth said...

I haven't been to Grafton for a couple of years...I always liked that little town. Glad to hear you guys had a nice, little visit!