Family.....it's about TIME

Family.....it's about TIME

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

GIRLS camp 2011 "Mission Possible"

Ok my 5th girls camp was a hit.  We were sent on missions and we were sent to the Philippines.  We had to find out all we could about the Philippines before we left.  We found out that there are tons and tons of frogs everywhere, they make purses and all kinds of things with them.  We made frogs our mascot and Lora McLaughlin made the cutest frog glass beaded necklaces and then Joyce Beagly made the cutest frog purses for everyone.  Rosella made the biggest frog you ever saw as our mascot and we named her Lilly.  She was stolen a few times at camp but we found her.  Rosella also made everyone a mug with a frog on it, they are so so cute.  We also were taught a very cool Filipino stick dance which we performed for our country's show case.  I have to say our showcase was the best one, thanks to the Hirschi girls who taught it to us.  A few other things we did were, rock climbing (which I made it to the top) I was very proud of myself.  Zip line (which I survived), and canoeing (which I loved).  I loved being there with Sydney to capture all the wonderful moments of girls camp.  What a great experience it was I don't know if I will go again next year....lets see if I get asked.
Young Women just after we performed our Filipino Stick Dance.

My car broke down on the way to kolob, these strong grils had to push my van up a vey steep mountain.
Sydney climbling the rock wall.

Enjoying the day under the shade.

Caitlyn doing the zip line.

The cute glass frog Lora made for everyone.  I loved mine, they all were different.

Canoeing

We spoiled the Uniters (5th and 6th years) while all the younger girls were on a hike.  Lora made them crowns and we had a tea party for our princesses.

Sydney doing the Zipline.


Madi and Bailee two of our Super Great Uniters.

Yes that's me climbing the rock wall.  GO ME

No comments: